Monday, August 25, 2003

To My Friend

I want to reach out and touch you; I want to say hello again.

I don't fully understand you, nor do you fully understand me.

It seems so much better to have open dialogue than to have closed lips.

I see you from a distance, I wonder about many things.

The look on you face is both revealing and deceiving.

Revealing the joy I see in you--deceiving me 'cause I am unable to share in that joy with you.

Some may say, "bury the hatchet." But I ask, "what hatchet is there to bury?". For we are not in arms against each other; that barrier does not exist.

For us, another barrier exists.

Our barrier is invisible. Its manifestations are unknown to others, but very real to us.

I pray that barrier would desist. I pray that we both work on the areas we have acknowledged.

May our relationship move away from mere psuedo glances.

May we not run from each other--looking for a place to hide.

No comments: