Friday, August 15, 2003

I am off to another wedding in California

Two California trips in one month is very tiring. Although, I thank God this trip is closer in distance than the last.

Me and three off my college friends (I hate that term)...let use, instead, ... (InterVarsity rejects)...are off to an InterVarsity Wedding.

An InterVarsity wedding is not some "single A" college basketball team ceremony. "InterVarsity", short for "InterVarsity Christian Fellowship," is a group that found me while I was a student at the fabulous University of Nevada Las Vegas. Okay, Okay, maybe its not fabulous, but there were days that I pretended it was. And now, having gotten me an edumacation, I now know the truth about my alma mater...it sucks as much as I do. My educational experience was a difficult one. There are days that I believe that my education has only served me in one way: meeting my future boss, Danny Greenspun.

Nonetheless, that is neither here or there. Back to the wedding.

My friend Jeff Hamilton is getting married tomorrow. He is a former staff worker for Intervarsity and is marrying Rachel, who happens to also be a former InterVarsity staff worker. Funny how those things work out. But come to think of it, how come I never hooked up? Well, in all seriousness, I think I know why. And God knows too. And so do some of you.

I am happy for Jeff and Rachel.

Jeff if fortunate to be marrying a "real" girl. A real girl who knows knows about the joys and pains of life. I happy that he did not succmb to the temptation to marry just anyone, or worse, to marry a girl 'cause she is "hot", "fine", "phat", "gorgeous", etc... Jeff could have fallen into the trap of "me man--you woman" let's get married syndrome; but he did not.

Instead, he involved his community on his decision of marriage. To the extent that he involved them, I am unaware of. But, knowing the type of community he comes from, I know he involved them quite a bit. And furthermore, I know that he was open to much counsel from those who have gone before him.

I anticipate our trip to be fun. With that said, Father God, may we have fun and may we not do stupid things to hurt ourselves nor may stupid or careless things be done to us. Me, superstitous? Nah...Okay, maybe a little...

My three companions for tomorrow are Paul Weiland (former roomate of two years and interVarsity reject), Josh Krage (friend and InterVarsity reject), and Erick Hutchinson, whom we call "Hutch" (friend, former accountability partner and InterVarsity reject).

We are scheduled to leave at 7 a.m. That's kinda early, but not really. I hoping this will be a fun and relaxing trip to hang out and truly be ourselves and laugh all the way there and all the way back.

I just got a call Josh...last minute planning details to hash out. I am now really excited 'cause he's bringing some ambience elecronica music. Think of slow techno accompanied with visual stimulants, and that is kinda what ambience electronica music is. He is bringing one of my favorite cd's of all time: Little Buddha Cafe.

Well, I'm out for now. Must clean room, pack and chill before the trip.

Peace!

No comments: