Saturday, August 02, 2003

My sister's house

Alan...I mean, Allan and I made it to her house (Los Banos, CA). We listened to two John Piper sermons on the way down to my sister's house.

We had a good time in San Jose. Alan's desire to visit an art museum showed me a new aspect about my Barrio. After leaving the art museum, I spent a half hour looking for internet acces. All the while, Allan soaked his feet in the fountains in the heart of Downtonw San Jose.

Upon finding my cherished internet access, I went to look for Allan. Allan was to be found soaking his feet, taking in the scenery (kids and others jumping, weaving in-n-out of the water pillars), and thinking comlentative thoughts.

Kinkos was our internet "dealer" for the afternoon. Fininshing our fix, we headed over to an independent movie house where they served up nicely brewed coffee. I ordered a Chai tea Latte and Allan had steamed milked with a shot of Irish cream. Allan, the inquisitive man he is, asked me if I liked my drink. "Well, Alan, its like drinking an expected coca-cola when in reality you're drinking a diet coke....it leaves a bad taste in your mouth." Apparently, the counter-cultered chick behind the counter mistook my longing for an all natural starbuck's chai tea latte, and served me up a discounted cup of soy milk chai latte tea. I must admit, it was a decent drink--but, even more decent was the price. A $1.75 is what I paid. Starbucks would have charge me double!

Here's Allan:

hey allan, it your turn to write. In a whiny, alan voice, he laments "I don't want to write anything." Pha! What a putz! My niece Melissa chimes in, "Uncle Ramon, your like a big 12 year old." Whatever, Melissa. But I still love ya Mija.

No comments: