Saturday, August 02, 2003

Saturday of our trip

We are sitiing at Kinko's in downtown San Jose (my home town).

We're approachning three o'clock and have been laid back today with out time and our destination. We're having dinner with my sister, her family and my dad. Should be fun.

I am being charged 20 cents a minute. Me being the simpled minded math guys asks the counter-boy/man, "how much is that for an hour"? His response, "12 dollars an hour." I guess I could have taken the time to figured it out but I didn't. Let's see...there's 60 minutes in one hour, 12 incriments on a clock, one dollar for each incriment, 12 incriments multipled by one dollar; that inded does make 12 dollars for an hour.

It's kinda nice chillin' in my home town with Alan. But, it would be a whole different scenario if he were my wife...you know what I mean. If instead of him being here, I could have my wife here. Alan just finish reading the newspaper and now is reading what I am typing. I should hurry up and clarify the wife thing before either a) he gets insulted b) you (the reader) misunderstand or c) Alan helped me with the "b" portion--he suggested it and d) there is no "d".

Alan versus my imaginative wife:

"Alan is a man--that's it" Alan chimes in. We both laugh :-)

Alan is my friend and my brother. He has accompanied me on this trip which has been a good one. He cares for me and I care for him. Alan, do you love me? "Yes he does, even though I spell his name wrong all the time" Allan spouts off.

If Allan were my wife, i could intimately share with him my home town. That doesn't mean that I can't intimately share with him my home town and that he would appreciate it or like it.

If Allan were my wife I could show him my home town and that would be another link in our bond as husband/wife. But Allan is not my wife, neither is Alan.

So, what's point? Stop day-dreaming about my imiginative wife, and continue enjoying Allan's company and enjoying Alan's company as well. Allan chimes in, "even though Allan is tired and cranky."

I will now turn it over to Allan or is it Alan?

Ramon didn't mention that last night we spent from 8pm - 1am at a Pakistani wedding. It was fun, even though there wasn't any dancing. The main thought that was going through my head was: Wow, Pakstani women are beautiful! And I mean it, they really are. Their clothes were really beautiful too and that is something you would never hear me say about clothes. It was also a Muslim wedding, that was very interesting too. It seems as though almost everyone there was affluent and I wondered about the Islamic teaching regarding the rich and wealth. At the wedding, I didn't actually meet any Pakstani people, but we sat at the White person table and I didn't feel outgoing, although I felt totally comfortable, being not outgoing. All and all, the experience was a worthwhile one and I learned a lot about myself and a different culture.

I'm tired and that is all I have to say.

No comments: