Friday, May 16, 2008

I must love her

I was thinking today that if I should ever die before my wife, how much I would want to spare my wife any pain caused by my departing, even to the point of begging God to tell her that I was in heaven and that I was okay.

Thinking about this stirred in me great emotion. I would want to earnestly save her from that pain.

I think I now what it feels like to love her.

I know what I write about above can be misconstrued. Often my love or attempt of love has been rooted in 1 Corinthians 13:4-10. I make no apologies for that, but rather, now, I think a sense of what it is too feel love has taken hold.

4 comments:

ScottVW said...

Hey Ramon! Based on this post, I believe you're working through some really tough issues. I think you're seeing first-hand how tough life can be when love is tested by end-of-life issues. It's beautiful that you're putting your wife ahead of yourself. Keep basing your love on 1 Corinthians 13, as well as your emotions, and you will see love develop over time. Don't get ahead of yourself, and don't anticipate the worst, but trust yourself and your wife. Love always hopes, right?

Mo said...

This is so beautiful and says a great deal. How lucky MaryAnn is.

Anonymous said...

Love has no script but speaks what the heart cannot say. See, you're like an onion and the layers are coming off, lol!!

Anna said...

Deep my friend and sweet. Keep loving MaryAnn and leave your future in His hands.