Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm Back.

"Damn you Triple George, Damn you and your sourdough bread."

--Ramon Avendano


All it took was one sit down meal and two loaves of sourdough bread and my eating plan was shot.

7 months ago, give or take a few days, I ate lunch at Triple George. Since that day, I have barely worked out, have been extremely inconsistent with my eating plan and have gained 5 pounds.

"I hate you, Triple George. I hate you and your sourdough bread. Truth be told, your bread ain't even that good."

-- Ramon Avendano


Now that I have recused myself from Triple George, I am here to publicly state that I am back on my eating plan and exercising consistently.

Here's one obstacle though, I know myself -- I am a good starter of things, but fail to maintain them over the long haul.

I really want to do better. And in the words of Dana Owens (aka Queen Latifa), I want to be "one size healthier."

But even more that one size healthier, my once goal of being 30 pounds lighter has crept up now to being 50 pounds lighter.

I need help. You can pray for me, if you'd like. Oh, and feel free to periodically check out my daily plate profile:

http://www.thedailyplate.com/diary/who/razor7132

... and yes, you can ask me about my progress.

2 comments:

ScottVW said...

I am familiar with the joys of good sourdough bread. Although I've heard sourdough is better for you than other types of bread -- lower glycemic index or something :?

I'm wishing you well with your eating plan. The plan that M. and I are on is working out okay, although there's still a lot of baking.

Mo said...

Way to go Ramon, just stand back up, wipe off the dust and keep moving. I know the tendency to throw in the towel at the littlest stumble. But don't do it. I'm learning some controlled "falls" help push through and have quit totally eliminating the "bad", but oh so tasty stuff. Just be careful that it doesn't become an every meal event. But I'm sure I don't need to preach to you. Praying for you as you move in the right direction!