Monday, January 31, 2005

A Weighty Truth

In my pursuit to lose weight, I'm sad to report that I actually gained 4 pounds.

My co-workers subtly shunned me. I could see it in their faces.

I am sadden.

The truth is I have not been diligent with my plan. In regards to food, its been a 90% effort. The occasional late night snacking mixed with eatting massive amounts of carbs this weekend did not help cause at today's weigh-in.

On the exercise front, I'm wracked with disappoint--I am not doing what I said I was going to do. The idea of working out each night has transpired to only three times over the last two weeks.

There's my confession. Now the changing of the mind must succeed.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I have the same stuggle but find that if I make daily goals instead of weekly goals, I do better. So, focus on today and don't forget that God is right beside you loving you no matter what.

Ramon Avendano said...

Sherry -

that's very sweet of you, thanks for the encouragement and the daily goal to look toward.

Ramon

darren said...

Ramon, end the diet now. Face the facts friend...you're a sexy bitch any way you slice it and we love you. Don't go changin'. Please, just keep the head cleanly shaven and you're tops in my book. Plus, you could offer it on ebay as advertising space!