Monday, September 01, 2003

Perchlorate Lake Mead

Just got home from our sailing trip.

We stopped and ate dinner at Milo's (something....something place) -- I don't remember the full name. Nonetheless, it is in downtown Boulder city.

Today I had some moments of feeling like a kid again--unfortunately it did not last long. My friend, me and Jeff Stoddard set anchor at this nice alcove that faced in the direction of the Dam.

The three of us swam, laughed and played with our noodles (floating devices). We laughed about the concept of magical brown floating noodles and pondered why the water seemed warmer--at times--waist high. Typical guy stuff. But it was fun.

There was a moment where childhood memories rushed through my mind -- those memories were sad ones -- memories of when my friend used to tease me and pick on me. There was a moment where I held my breathe in anticipation of him picking on me.

To my surprise and relief, he did not. On the contrary, with a sincere heart I felt that he was looking out for my best interest, doing his best to keep me out of harms way. A small, clumsy, powerful moment was experienced (had).

I'm dead beat. Time for bed.

One last thing, we did stick with tradition--A dairy Queens run was had prior to heading back to Vegas.

No comments: