Thursday, March 16, 2006

Missing my father
Johnny Cash, Hurt

On an island of all bequeath things

I stand along with thee

You sit with me

a cloud of witnessing things

How could it be

arrived on an island of all bequeath things

The road you traveled landed me here

I'm surrounded by water

I look to the sky to see the stars

You've bequeath me to this island

traversing the desert you landed me here

The island I stand

nothing in common with the desert you traveled

traversed, two million miles away

I look up to the sky

There the star that shined

All the same

When you were alive

Sitting in the car

you told me that you were sorry

Sorry for not giving more than what you did

How could I ask for me --

although I myself thought wanted more

All I need is you

you are not the one who sat in the recliner this morning

who does he think he is

He has no idea of what he did
he has no idea of what he did

You are the one to sit in the chair
you are the one to sit in the chair

No one else can sit there

How he dare.

No comments: