Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A new identity

For a while I have been wanting to change my blog name to truly and more accurately reflect my true self.

It has been a long, treacherous and joyful journey with Jesus. And the time has come to make a change in my blog name.

It may not seem like a big deal ... or rather, it may seem like a petty or stupid thing to do. But I think its crucial.

My new blog name will now be: Proliferating Santos

Previously, it was Proliferating menzos -- which is an anglo/spanish combinational term meaing "multiplying dummies".

I don't think I ever considered myself a dummy, altough sometimes I sure felt like one. But even a greater tragedy, is that, I believed its spiritual synonymical counterpart: worthless, ignoramous, artificial, fake, false, etc.

Although I haven't come full circle in embracing my true identity as a Santo (Saint), I do know that continually I will try to engage what God says and thinks of me.

And exactly what is a Santo? A Santo is "one separated from the world and consecrated to God; one holy by profession and by covenant; a believer in Christ." (Ps. 16:3; Rom. 1:7; 8:27; Phil. 1:1; Heb. 6:10).

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's really beautiful. I think your new name is a better reflection of you too. I wish I had a meaningful name for my blog. Maybe I'll try to think of one.

Anonymous said...

Praise God that He is doing such a great transformation in you! I'm so proud of all of the hard work you have been doing. You are my man of great courage and faith.
MaryAnn

The Hubbard Family said...

yeah, that's pretty cool.

i used to think names and titles didn't really matter. somewhere I changed on that b/c we purposefully named our son "luminous, fierty torch." that's "lucas brant" to you and me.

The Hubbard Family said...

that's "fiery". oh well.

Anonymous said...

:) I think this reflects you much better too.