Friday, April 23, 2004

Sounds. Memories.

I started listening to Sigur Ros again -- Agaetis Byrjun. The song after the intro is called Svefn g englar.

As I listened to this song today while at work it conjured up the idea of sirens (yes, like TI sirens -- without all the sexual crap). The next thought that came was me standing at the top of a huge cliff in Mexico. Looking down toward the ocean, I saw rocks, water and sea lions.

The memory was of a family trip I took with my mom and dad a long time ago.

Both the memory and the song are beautifully sad. It reminds me of my father because he was there on the trip, he took us there. How I miss the way my father was. How I will miss him when he is no longer in this world. I miss him already. I miss him and I love him. With all his faults he was and is and will always be a good man.

I cry for him. I cry for me.

No comments: